The start module contains several tasks that the newcomer can complete. Once complete, or even before then, the module is then taking up valuable space on the page that could be used elsewhere.
Therefore, this task is about providing the ability for the user to collapse the start module on desktop. The companion task for desktop is T219391.
- If the user has not completed all the tasks in the start module...
- The user only has the ability to collapse the start module once they have initiated the suggested edits module. Having initiated suggested edits, the user may then collapse the start module regardless of which other elements of the start module they have completed.
- If the user has initiated suggested edits, add an icon to the upper right of the start module that collapses it. Uses the OOUI "collapse" icon.
- When the user clicks it, the module collapses to a state that shows their username and some text about the status of the submodules.
- The icon changes to an "expand" icon in the same position in the right side of the module, allowing the user to open the module back up. They may use this icon to toggle the module open and closed.
- In the collapsed state, the module becomes one line that says "Start here" followed by text in parentheses indicating the state of the submodules.
- If no email added: "(add email, view tutorial)"
- If email unconfirmed: "(confirm email, view tutorial)"
- If email confirmed: "(change email, view tutorial)"
- If the user has completed all the tasks in the start module (including initiating suggested edits)...
- The module becomes one line that says "Start here (complete)"
- It continues to have the arrowNext icon.
- In both cases, clicking on the module preview, collapsed or uncollapsed, opens up the full module.
- Note that the copy in this task overrides what is written in the mockups.