Setting up Echo notifications for an on-wiki event requires some design work.
The elements of an Echo notification are described in a table at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Echo/Creating_a_new_notification_type#Presentation_model_definition.
In short, what we need here are:
- An icon, either new or chosen from the existing Echo notification icons (required)
- A header message (required)
- A compact header message (for when the notification is "compact", e.g., in a bundle or cross-wiki group) (optional)
- A subject message for email notifications (optional)
- A body message for the notification body (optional)
- Primary and secondary links associated with the notification (optional)
We also need some string resources for notification preferences:
- A category title string describing the subject of the notifications (e.g., 'App edit milestones')
- A tooltip describing the preference (e.g., 'Notify me when I pass an in-app editing milestone.')
SVG of Echo notification icon: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Image_tagging_icon_01.svg