Publish a quarterly Technical Engagement newsletter with information and updates about the work the team has done during the quarter.
- Purpose -- To share with our colleagues and community the work we have been doing as a team at WMF. To highlight the technical work being done by technical community members.
- Audience -- Tech engagement team, Technical Department, WMF staff, technical volunteers and collaborators, anyone interested in the work we do or interested in joining as a volunteer
- Format -- To be published on MetaWiki once per quarter, sent in email format to relevant lists
Page On MetaWiki: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Technical_Community_Newsletter
Lists to send to: WMF staff channels, Wikitech-l, Wikimedia-l
- Feature Article (Link to long form technical blog article)
- Interview (Staff or Volunteer -- focus on same or similar questions)
- News (New initiatives, features, etc)
- Upcoming conferences, workshops, etc
- Latest tools added to Toolforge, latest developer metrics, latest docs improvements, new collaborations, events, new developer-tools…
October 1, 2019
Jan 1, 2020
May 1, 2020
July 1, 2020
October 1, 2020