ms-be1027 has faulty hw and ready to be decom
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/heira/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - power down host
- - update status in netbox (inventory for decom, planned for spare)
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal)
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate (handled by wmf-decommission-host)
- - remove debmonitor entries
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite) use hdparm for ssds and wipe for hdds
- - IF DECOM: system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - IF DECOM: switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - IF DECOM: add system to decommission tracking google sheet
- - IF DECOM: mgmt dns entries removed.