We would like to learn more about the language switcher prior to making improvements
As a reader or editor of Wikipedia, I would like the site to collapse the list of languages so that I can focus on my reading experience
As a reader or editor of Wikipedia, I would like the site to suggest languages that are relevant to me on every article so that I don't need to see the list of all languages
As a reader or editor of Wikipedia, I would like the ability to switch languages from a more prominent position on the page so that I don't have to scroll to see my language
Research the following questions and write up your results:
- Are there any constraints to achieving the user stories above?
- How are the language switchers on desktop and minerva implemented?
- What are the differences between language switching on desktop and mobile?
- How does the language cog get added to the page?
- How does the pointer to the language cog work? Can it easily be modified to point in other locations?