For this project, it is important we work closely with wikis to increase the likelihood the tools we build to improve on-wiki communication and collaboration meet the needs of the range of people these tools are intended to serve.
This task represents the work associated with figuring out which wikis we will work most closely with on the Talk pages project. We are calling these wikis "target wikis."
Our primary goals for working with what we're calling "target wikis" is to be surprised, to learn things we didn't consider.
Where "learn things" could mean:
- Uncovering edge cases the team had not designed for
- Ideas for how the design of a feature could be improved based on a community's past efforts
This might include working with target wikis to:
- Share in designing talk page features that will provide value to contributors across Wikipedia projects
- Test prototypes and detect edge cases
- Co-develop ideas for interventions to improve talk pages