Previously we attempted to use EventLogging to track errors. In the end, we were advised not to and decided to count errors instead.
As a result of this decision we have dormant code loading on every page view.
- Remove references to wgMinervaErrorLogSamplingRate in codebase
- Error handling is reduced to simply error counting
- Any config in production and beta cluster has been cleaned up
- Cause an error on the beta cluster (I'm guessing we'll need a gadget or user script for this)
- Confirm that a request hits the beacon
- The code lives here
- It might be nice to measure the difference in module size before and after the change…