This task will track the racking/setup/installation of dumpsdata1003.eqiad.wmnet. This is an expansion of the service cluster, so no servers will be decommissioned as a result of this deployment.
Racking Proposal: Avoid sharing a rack/row with existing, so place in row A or row C (as dumpsdata1001 is in B8 and dumpsdata1002 is in D1.
Networking/Subnet/IP: internal private subnet for the row, no 10G required at this time.
Partitioning/Raid: Setup identical to existing dumpsdata systems, OS on dual small disks and large raid10 array for the rest.
- - receive in system on procurement task T226540
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned) - seems this is already in netbox on https://netbox.wikimedia.org/dcim/devices/2255/ but needs the racking location updated when it is racked.
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run (with role:spare)
- - host state in netbox set to staged
- - handoff for service implementation
- - service implementer changes from 'staged' status to 'active' status in netbox'