This task is about making it possible for contributors to write replies in using a rich text editing mode.
- What input mode should contributors see when using the Replying workflow for the first time?
Mockups can be found in this task: T235593
- Contributors are able to write comments using a rich text editor
- The following editing tools should be visible in the rich text editing mode: bold, italic and link, (the "mention" tool should be hidden until T232601 is finished)
- Contributors should be able to switch between the Source and Visual editing modes without losing what they have already written
- The Source mode should remain a plain text area
- Contributors should not see the real-time preview while they are drafting a reply in the Visual mode; the real-time preview should remain visible to contributors drafting a reply in the Source mode
Below are the issues that surfaced during design review and the tickets associated with said issues.
|1.||Make dialog for warning message less aggressive||T255443|
|2.||Fix the tab padding and left align it flush||T255445|
|3.||Create intermediate state for Reply button (replying) - it's currently hidden||T254208#6224211|
|4.||Reduce Warning icon size||T2555558|
|5.||Increase Font size of legal message (10.5 -> 12?)||no ticket needed|
|6.||Reposition the language selector (keyboard icon)||T255191|
|7.||Maintain the “double preview” or should we port over some of the features from preview and put that into visual mode?||see T234403#6228650|
|8.||Create a visual cue or signal for @ mention affordance||T254366|
|9.||Remove "from Wikipedia" (or "from devwiki") from interface||T255451|
|10.||Consider changing the segmented navigation titles (visual/source)||T255448|
|11.||Consider creating a guide or cheat sheet for Wikitext||T255452|
|12.||Visually differentiate a reply from an initial message||T255454|
|13.||Create a styled button for replying||T255560|
|14.||Consider showing the signature and timestamp as a hint text suffix.||see T234403#6228650|
The Reply tool's new visual mode can be tested on beta here: https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Dogs?dtvisual=1
Note: it can be tested on any talk page on beta so long as you append ?dtvisual=1 to the page's URL.
- The functionality listed in the "Requirements" section above have been implemented
- The questions listed in the "Open questions" section are answered