- open a page on VE
- select a piece of text that includes a reference
- click and hold this sentence to move it somewhere else in the text
- text and reference are moved
- text is not moved
- this has consequences: any other move with no ref tag would work but with the following issues that may appear:
- on a big article (Modélisme ferroviaire on fr.wp, 189111 octets), any other text without a reference moved after this first move will be randomly cut
- you can't save the page
Example concerning the odd consequences
I was editing https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Accord%C3%A9on&veaction=edit&safemode=1, making improvements on the following sentence:
Et que la construction de sa machine est exclusivement née de l'étude anatomique du Larynx.
I've done the following:
- select the entire sentence to move it: no move
- changed "Larynx" for "larynx": the save button doesn't turn blue
- added a link to "larynx": link is created, the save button doesn't turn blue
Browsers and configuration
Happen to me using Firefox 69 using safemode or not.
I've also spotted a similar feedback on no.wp (that includes an issue with copy/pasting too), using Firefox and Edge, both in safemode or not.
May be related to T168901: Can't drag-and-drop text to rearrange (cut and paste) in Safari.