I'm creating this task to track development of the end of year app fundraising campaign in our six targeted countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK & US.
I propose that we run the banners in tandem with our English fundraiser on Wikipedia, launching December 2 and coming down at local midnight-ish on December 31. This is a bit longer than last year, when we ran from 11/29 - 12/20. My thinking:
- The web banner campaign will go up December 2, so makes sense to match that.
- Donation rates go up significantly at the end of the year; we should be there for that.
- Web banners do come down for a few days of a 'holiday break,' from approx. 12/23 - 12/30; if that's easy to do in-app, fine to match. Was presuming it'd be easier to just let them run.
- App article fundraising: This could be big. Josh Minor says it's negotiable for iOS, and already on the roadmap for Android (ty Charlotte). Here's our current best 'small' mobile banner for reference.
- Weekday variable: Using copy that includes weekday has proven to be very effective. This would require a simple variable (%weekday%) that outputs the current day of the week. We’re using it throughout our banner web portfolio.
- Device variable: In the mobile small banner, we’re using the following copy: „Donating is easy on your phone and only takes a minute.” Replacing the phone part with the reader’s device name (Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note, iPhone, iPad, etc.) will almost certainly be effective.
- Visual helpers [for Android]: In 2018, we got the red border from our current best web content into iOS; would it be possible to include in Android, too?
- Impression data [for iOS]: We can already pull this for Android from Hive. Can the iOS/analytics team confirm it's available?
Excited to work together again, on this, and very appreciative of the collaborative spirit! Did I miss anything?