⚠️ This task is still in draft mode. Expect the "User stories" section to evolve as we receive and learn from contributors' experiences with v1.0: T235592
T235592's task description contains the overarching rationale for why this feature is prioritized.
This particular version – v2.0 – is intended to enhance the user experience of the basic reply functionality to make it easier and intuitive for Junior Contributors to draft and publish their comments.
As a contributor I can...
- Format the text within my comment without needing to know about or use wikitext
- Intuitively "@ mention" a specific contributor
- Platform(s): mobile web + desktop
- Namespaces: all talk namespaces
- Mockups are created for the entire Replying to a specific comment... workflows for the platforms listed in the "Details" section above.