Scheduled for 2019-09-29 11:30:00 UTC
The steps are in this exact order.
- fixing that TODO Jaime mentioned in order to have the iptables hole opened [Alex is doing this]
- Move archive pool files into backup1001/2001 so they are not lost even if helium/heze go down. (Production rolls over, so it would be less problematic, as long there is some backup?) DONE.
- Test a full backup/restore cycle on a new remote host towards backup1001 to validate new setup [Jaime did this]
- Change helium to an sd role of the new director backup1001 (or if for some reason that is not possible, to an easily revertable noop role). Start with either an upgraded current bacula db “bacula” (and a backup generated) or on an upgraded copy of it “bacula9”.
- update references to helium all over puppet [Jaime did a preliminary check, didn't found anything relevant]
- check newly backup1001/2001 backups run as expected and they can be recovered [WIP]
- Make sure we can recover from backup1001 helium/heze pools. Keep helium heze around for 3 months so new backups got to backup1001/2001, but old can be recovered from
- Reattach locally to backup1001(/2001) the helium archive files moved on step 2
- Remove old director code for jessie/pointing to helium