This task will track the racking, setup, and installation of 36 new mw systems ordered via T228214.
Racking Proposal: Due to the recent order of additional mw hosts on upcoming task T233639, the racking for this needs to be re-evaluated by @Joe and team to ensure they get the best placement for this batch of 36 and the other batch of 23 systems incoming. This section will be updated by them.
Individual server setup checklist (this checklist should be duplicated for each system):
- - receive in system on procurement task T228214.
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run (with role:spare)
- - host state in netbox set to staged
- - handoff for service implementation
- - service implementation steps by service owners -> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Application_servers#Adding_a_new_server_into_production
- - service implementer changes from 'staged' status to 'active' status in netbox'