- As a current user, when I opt in to "Desktop Improvements", I would like to maintain a visually pleasing experience as more features/changes are pushed to production to encourage me to stay in "Desktop Improvements" mode.
- As a current user, when I opt out of "Desktop Improvements", I would like to see Vector free of visual regressions.
- As a developer, when I make changes related to "Desktop Improvements", I would like to have more confidence that the changes I make will not cause visual regressions without investing a lot of time manually testing/checking different modes and pages.
Question we are trying to answer
- Will automated visual regression testing help with this? If so, is there any tooling in particular that is worth pursuing?
- Is the answer always more software?™
- Determine if any popular automated visual regression tools could help reduce visual regressions without imposing a huge burden on development/maintenance.
- Write down your findings