⚠️ This task is still in draft mode. Consider the "User stories" section ideas and expect them to evolve as we receive and learn from contributors' experiences with v1.0: T235592
T235592's task description contains the overarching rationale for why this feature is prioritized.
This particular version – v1.1 – is intended to expand basic reply functionality to ensure it satisfies the needs of Senior Contributors to the extent feature can be deployed to all wikis and to encourage "productive" interactions.
As a contributor I can...
- Customize my edit summary when replying on a talk page
- Opt-in/out of watching the talk page before posting my reply
- Edit a reply I've posted without having to navigate to a separate view 
- Platform(s): mobile web + desktop
- Namespaces: all talk namespaces
- Mockups are created for the entire Replying to a specific comment... workflows for the platforms listed in the "Details" section above.
- Editing a reply: this functionality depends on the state of the parser, which by the time we are ready to work on this task, might not be able to support this.