Sure. We should probably also make a sub-project for -VideoJS to split out from -Player and rename the latter to KalturaPlayer, but that can be done once the intial projects are re-worked into subprojects.
The workboard at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/timedmediahandler/ has columns called "Player" or "TimedText", which duplicate existing (soon to be sub-) projects. Any comments why that is or what to do (perferably by someone working on TimedMediaHandler)? Looks like @brion and @TheDJ created them IIUC.
Notes to myself:
- Would have to first remove TimedMediaHandler tag from ~180 tasks in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/hPp7rVF7tDlp/#R to avoid data inconcistency, because T224421
- @TheDJ's H157 might be affected by this change.
- Because "If a project has no subprojects, but then one is added, the existing Project becomes a “parent” Project and all of its members shift to that first Subproject", potentially remove these members again from the first subproject created.
Done my part, I guess:
- I silently removed the TimedMediaHandler tag from 179 tasks to avoid data inconsistency.
- I converted Kaltura player, TimedMediaHandler-TimedText, TimedMediaHandler-Transcode into subprojects of TimedMediaHandler.
- When it comes to project members, we lost @Paladox who was a member of TimedMediaHandler but no member of any of its subprojects - @Paladox, please feel free to add yourself to one/any of the subprojects: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/subprojects/299/