Steps to reproduce
- Login and visit https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Flow_QA (or any talk page on beta where Flow is enabled).
- Since Flow provides its own way to create a discussion via the "Start a new topic" input box, I do not expect to see the blue "Add discussion" button
- Since there are discussions on this page, I do not expect to see the "There are no discussions on this page" message.
Check any additional observations
- Observed on the beta cluster wiki
- Observed on a production wiki
- Observed on Vector desktop skin
- Observed on MinervaNeue responsive skin
- Observed while logged in
- Observed while not logged in (anonymous) ("no discussions" message is visible/blue add discussion button is not
The blue button and message were added as part of the render talk as tab task (T230695)
The blue button and "There are no discussions on this page" are appended in SkinMinerva when the user is on a talk page with the view action:
The next question is how does Flow do its magic and how should we get them to cooperate?
for reference here is flow on mobile on production https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Reading/Web/Advanced_mobile_contributions
When logged in user visits a talk page with Flow enabled
- Login and visit https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Flow_QA
- Ensure that there is NOT a Table of contents, "Add discussion" button, "Read as wikipage" button, "There are no discussions on this page" message, or "Active discussions" message visible on the page.
- Ensure that clicking on a topic expands/collapses it and that no overlay is shown. Note that the check icon (which might appear as a cut off arrow) is unrelated to this ticket