Steps to reproduce
- Login and visit https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Dog?useskin=Minerva&useformat=desktop (or any regular talk page on desktop minerva skin)
- I don't expect to see a "Read as wiki page" button as the simplified section view from T230695 is not shown. Clicking on the button just reveals the table of contents which is confusing.
- I also don't expect to see the "Active discussions" message as it seems out of place since the simplified view from T230695 is not shown.
Check any additional observations
- Observed on the beta cluster wiki
- Observed on a production wiki
- Observed on Vector desktop skin
- Observed on MinervaNeue responsive skin
- Observed while logged in
- Observed while not logged in (anonymous)
The "Active discussions" message and "Read as wiki page" button were added as part of the render talk as tab task (T230695)
The "Active discussions" message is appended in SkinMinerva.php:
The "Read as wiki page" button is appended in skins.minerva.scripts/talk.js:
The next question is what is the cleanest way to turn these things off on minerva desktop talk pages. Note that we still want the "Add discussions" button to show which is added in the same method as the "Active Discussions" message.
When logged in user visits a talk page on desktop Minerva
- Login and visit https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Dog?useskin=Minerva&useformat=desktop
- Ensure that there is NOT an "Read as wikipage" button, "There are no discussions on this page" message, or "Active discussions" message visible on the page.
- Ensure that there is a blue "Add discussion" button
- Ensure the table of contents shows on wider screens
- Ensure that no overlay is shown when clicking on a section. Note that the section will NOT collapse/expan5