Problem: Efficient ways to detect cross-wiki spambot accounts.
Spambot accounts create one-off pages on small wikis and require a lot of steward time to identify and lock. They use a series of proxies and VPNs that makes IP blocks impractical.
- A better CAPTCHA might be able to prevent more account creation by spambots.
- Improved abusefilters may help, though a truly global abusefilter infrastructure is missing.
- Anti-spam technology may be improved.
What information is missing?
- The working of abusefilter need to be documented for this research.
- What anti-spam technology do we use now?