⚠️This task is still being drafted
The goal of the OWC2020 project is to help contributors communicate on Wikipedia using talk pages, more productively.
It is important to bring attention to "productively" mentioned above. The team appreciates it is not enough to build tools that simply encourage contributors to "talk more"; they need to encourage contributors to work together productively to help improve the project they are discussing.
As such, it is important we consistently monitor talk page usage to ensure the changes that are introduced do not promote unproductive behavior (which includes vandalism).
This task involves the work of finalizing the metrics we will use to monitor unproductive behavior – among contributors across experience levels – as well as calculating baselines for those metrics.
Below is a list of the guardrail metrics we have currently defined
- Number of reverted talk namespace edits
- Number of reverted article namespace edits
Ideas for other metrics
- Number of talk namespace edits by contributors without any non-reverted article namespace edits (context: T234046#5669844)
- "Guardrail metrics" section is finalized
- Baselines have been calculated for each of the "Guardrail metrics"