This task will track the setup of a spare pool system for use as a postgres system for censorship monitoring scripts. The use of the spare pool system was approved on T238652 and replacement SATA disks (swapping out smaller SSDs) on T239158.
- - system allocation approved on T238652.
- - netbox hostname updated to censorship1001 and status set to planned.
- - apply a hostname label front/back of server.
- - swap out the dual 480GB SSDs out for the dual 2TB SATA disks ordered on T239158.
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname (should already exist for hostname)
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run (with role:spare)
- - host state in netbox set to staged
- - handoff for service implementation
- - service implementer changes from 'staged' status to 'active' status in netbox'