"Wikipedia:Correct typos in one click" is a project that helps editors correct typos across Wikipedia.
In the following steps you will fix some typos in Wikipedia using the project script and test its functionality.
- Create an account on English Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:CreateAccount)
- Visit the project page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Correct_typos_in_one_click)
- Scroll to the end of the page using "Desktop scroll to bottom" button
- Each paragraph should have link to an article in the title, suspect word, the offered correction and some context
- Type in the search box: User:YOURNAME/common.js (replace YOURNAME with the account you created)
- Choose the option "start the ... page"
- In the edit box paste: importScript('User:Uziel302/typo.js'); -this should load the project script on your browser.
- Click "Publish page" at the bottom.
- Hard refresh in order to load the script. See the keyboard shortcuts of your machine at the gray box at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bypass_your_cache
- Go back to the project page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Correct_typos_in_one_click)
- Buttons of "replace", "type", "remove" will appear on the project page under each paragraph title, and will allow you to correct suspect typos in one click.
- Find a typo where the offer correction is right and click replace
- There should be a popup that the typo was fixed, click it and view the changes. If no popup was seen within few seconds of correction, report a bug.
- Click "contributions" at the top menu and review the edits you made.
- Click diff button to view the before and after of the edit.
- Find in the project page a false positive, a word that shouldn't be corrected, and click remove.
- Make sure that after refresh the passage is removed.
- Find in the project page a word that should be corrected, instead of clicking replace use "type" and type the correction. Make sure the edit is done in the article as you typed.