Page MenuHomePhabricator

Translate extension failing to load translation aids
Closed, DuplicatePublic

Description

When marking something for translation, the last few weeks it's been a common for the Translate extension to not load translation aids: "Failed to load translation aids: Title does not correspond to a translatable message". This happens when one tries to translate shortly after marking it for translation. It has, so far, started working after a while, but is a problem because there isn't always time to wait before test translating it and sending it out to translators – other tasks, or the entire thing having to wait until the next day because one has to go do non-Wikimedia things.

Unlike the bug where the Translate extension won't save translations, this can't be fixed by making a small edit an re-marking for translation.

Event Timeline

Johan created this task.Dec 5 2019, 3:12 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptDec 5 2019, 3:12 PM
Johan added a comment.Dec 5 2019, 3:54 PM
This comment was removed by Johan.
Johan added a comment.EditedDec 5 2019, 3:56 PM

@Nikerabbit Two differences though:

a) I can actually save translations. (While this problem persists, the translation will not end up in the language bar; one translation item will have to be re-translated for it to appear, but they can be saved.) This is not true for T221119.

b) I can always solve T221119 by re-marking. It hasn't worked for this; I've tried upon a number of occasions.

Behavior a) is because of a change I made to make saving possible. As you correctly observe, other problems remain.

Johan added a comment.Dec 5 2019, 4:11 PM

Ah, great. (:

Elitre added a subscriber: Elitre.Dec 5 2019, 11:36 PM
Stryn added a subscriber: Stryn.Dec 6 2019, 9:01 AM