Here are some suggestions from @Bmueller to further improve the WMCS edits dashboard:
- ability to sort https://wmcs-edits.wmflabs.org/#wmcs-edits/wmcs-edits-tabular-view by % of edits & wiki name
- Consistency of labels across all 3 views
- Option to select and compare all wikis in the https://wmcs-edits.wmflabs.org/#wmcs-edits/wmcs-edits-timeseries view
Note: By default 10 wikis are selected
- Solution for the ambiguity of "allwikis" - alternative labels? A 4th view that only shows "allwiki" to not confuse it with all wikis?
Note: ALLWIKIS changed to TOTAL
- Checkbox behaviour on https://wmcs-edits.wmflabs.org/#wmcs-edits/wmcs-edits-timeseries - users would expect to select all wikis in the list when they click the first allwikis box, and to unselect all wikis in the list when they uncheck the box.
Note: We are not going to change the checkbox behavior, as that would require overriding the default UI and the outcome won't be nice
- ability to filter by month and not only by date in all 3 views
Note: This is currently possible. One can select dates in the same month in the left and right calendar tables (this may not be apparent in the UI though)
- ability to specify wikis in a selection box like in the pageviews tool for comparison
Note: A nice to have feature in Dashiki.
- Add small explanation for the different views
Added link to the meta page on the dashboard (commit details)
- Investigate why the reportupdater didn't output data for tabular and hierarchical view
- Investigate how the reportupdater can be improved to accept the date without the day of the month
Filed a task here: T245096