We want to inform users on all our projects where Partial blocks isn't deployed yet (except enwiki which wants to hold an RfC) to inform them about the upcoming deployment.
- For design, let's re-use the mock from T194301: Introduce temporary element on Special:Block UI to invite users to participate in the Partial Block consultation.
- Text: The partial blocks feature will be deployed on most wikis on January 6th and the user interface will change.
- Button: Learn more - links to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Blocking_users
- All text will be translatable.
- Banner will only be visible on Special:Block on production wikis where Partial blocks isn't already deployed. Also it will not be displayed on enwiki, which will conduct its own RfC.
- Banner should ideally go up this or next week (week of Dec 16) and will stay up until after the deployment in January.
- Post-deployment of partial blocks, we will keep the banner up for another 2 weeks to let users know and learn about the changes they are seeing.
- Text: You now have access to partial blocks on this wiki. This change allows you to make per-page and per-namespace blocks as necessary.
- Button: Learn more - links to https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_health_initiative/Partial_blocks
- The banner should be taken down on Jan 21.