This task describe an issue that several user encounter since 9.12.19.
While using QuickStatements, they are blocked in their workflow by an error message "you can't create a new batch because you are blocked on Wikidata". These users are not blocked on Wikidata.
A few impacted users:
- The old QuickStatements interface seems to work
- QuickStatementsBot is indeed blocked on Wikidata at the moment
- SourceMD and Petscan apparently also not working (to be confirmed)
- QuickStatementsBot is blocked since October 28th, 2019. We assume it was not a problem because most of the work coming from QuickStatements is made through the individual users' account through OAuth. It may be that a problem with OAuth occured, redirecting the batches to the bot's account, which is blocked.
- internal issue with QuickStatements
- some change in the permissions or maxlag on Wikidata (unlikely: no change in this direction has been made recently)
Reported on: Project Chat, Help:QuickStatements, Twitter, Telegram.