Patches required to implement functionality
Enable template-based formatting for Query Tables.
Some of the uses of this advanced technique include:
- Set a cell to hyperlink to the article, instead of using the article name in a separate column.
- Concatenate or Adjust Fields - Allow columns to display concatenated properties, or adjust/modify for a specific display purpose.
- Column/Cell Level Text Alignment - Changing the text alignment in a cell or column.
- Define whether or not a column is sortable.
- Highlight Cells (via formatting) based on content.
- Define Column Widths to enhance readability.
- Define Table Width (allow left/right scroll ability instead of "scrunching" for very wide tables).
A complete description of the proposed functionality and documentation of how-to can be found at:
The entire functionality can be provided by modifying only a single script, but can also be done in a way that is 100% backward compatible and has little to no performance impact if not utilized.
A working version of this functionality can be seen at:
This approach is also required to allow customized query output that is consistent between an in-line query and the "...further results" (Special:Ask) functionality.
attachment SMW_QP_Table.patch ignored as obsolete