- As a visitor to the wikis, when I compare two versions of a page: I want to be able to switch between inline and two-column wikitext diff, so that I can understand what changed.
- As a viewer of any Wikitext Diff diff on Desktop, I don't want to see diff-type switching if the engine doesn't support Inline Wikitext Diff
A new inline diff mode is available for diffs alongside the traditional side by side mode - this is the traditional mobile diff view. It should be made available on desktop.
A visualdiff mode/control is also provided by VisualEditor
I think this is the code:
Proposal: We move this control into core and allow extensions to extend it.
By default the control would contain inline and side-by-side
I didn't know about visual diff recently so I had proposed a simple drop down for the control at the bottom of the diff
- When inlinediff or visualdiff mode is not available the control should not show.
- Designers: Is the ButtonWidget appropriate here or should a dropdown be used (think of mobile screens)?
- Designers: If we are using ButtonWidger what should the inline icon be?
- Designers: Where to place the control on the diff?
- Is diffmode the right parameter or should diff-type be used?
- Designers if diffmode is not available and the user requests inline mode should there be some sort of feedback that it's not available?