A key feature of the Desktop Improvements project will be a new and improved site header.
The header will features:
- a new logo
- a new layout
Some of these features might require structural or architectural changes to MediaWiki Core.
Features are subject to change! Design is iterative and subject to user-feedback.
This task encompasses all the tasks related to building out the new header.
- T237635 - Decide how feature management will work for the Desktop Improvements project inside Vector.
- T240489 - A conversation around the Vector DOM structure and whether we should change it.
- T239248 - Separate the header into a stand-alone component.
- 2BTASKD (design) - Do we have a responsive layout for the header?
- T232140 - Create a new logo implementation that can account for multiple types of logos (thin/long, square).
- T114695 - Split out the current $mwLogo ResourceLoader module so it isn't loaded unnecessarily.
- 2BTASKD - Whether to use an <img> tag or a CSS background image for the logo.
- 2BTASKD [SPIKE] - Investigate how new logo SVGs can be created. Wikipedia has ~300 localized logos, and there are 12 Wikimedia projects to account for.