This task tracks racking and seutp of snapshot1010.eqiad.wmnet.
Racking Proposal: Any 1G rack except where existing snapshot hosts are. Avoid A4, B1, C4, D1, D4.
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: These are 1G boxes and don't need more than that. Internal vlan please, it is not a public-facing server.
Partitioning/Raid: Partman recipe: the newer hosts use partman/raid1-lvm-ext4-srv-noswap.cfg so if the disk layout and hw supports it, please do that.
- - receive in system on procurement task T233639
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above, any 1G rack EXCEPT A4, B1, C4, D1, D4) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
x - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run (with role:spare)
- - host state in netbox set to staged
- - handoff for service implementation
- - service implementer changes from 'staged' status to 'active' status in netbox'