Host publicly-accessible API for Wikidata-based topic model. This topic model was part of the analysis of the reader demographics surveys and will support replication of that work and additional explorations.
- Endpoint on toolforge through which topic predictions can be provided for a given Wikidata concept: https://tools.wmflabs.org/wiki-topic/
- Update topic model to new taxonomy (T240276)
- User scripts to display topic predictions for a given Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Isaac_(WMF)/WikidataTopic.js
- I do not suggest enabling this script until T28508 is resolved
- Design HTML template regarding data collection / privacy, experimental nature of APIs, and any other general information for users of this API and future APIs of this nature.
- Code/model for local API: https://github.com/geohci/wikidata-topic-model
- Model specifics / evaluation: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research_talk:Characterizing_Wikipedia_Reader_Behaviour/Demographics_and_Wikipedia_use_cases/Work_log/2019-09-11
- Overview: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Characterizing_Wikipedia_Reader_Behaviour/Demographics_and_Wikipedia_use_cases/Topic_Analysis