To better understand how people are using #discussion-tools , we would like to create a new change tag so people can easily filter Recent Changes feeds for edits made using DiscussionTools features.
- Review the content of edits posted using the Replying and Starting new discussion workflows so we can detect bugs and developed a better understanding for how contributors are using the feature(s)
- Calculate aggregate DiscussionTools usage metrics
- Enable communities to understand how DiscussionTools are being used on their wiki
- Planned features that would produce "taggable" edits: T233446: [Epic] New Discussion Tool + T233443: [Epic] Reply Tool
- //Note: both features will have "source" and "rich text" input modes
- How – if at all – should the text input mode (e.g. source vs. rich text) be tracked? Being discussed
- Should there be one change tag for all edits made using DiscussionTools?
- Should each DiscussionTools feature (e.g. Replying) have its own tag? Yes
- What should the change tag(s) be called? Being discussed.
- What maintenance burden do we inherit by introducing additional tags? Minimal maintenance.
On any wiki where DiscussionTools are deployed, people are able to use Special:RecentChanges to identify:
- Edits made using DiscussionTools: hidden tag (only visible on Special:Tags)
- Edits made using a specific DiscussionTool feature (e.g. T233446 or T233443): Reply or New section
- Edits made using DiscussionTools and the input method they used to publish those edits (e.g. source vs. visual): Source or Visual 
- e.g. What kinds of edits are contributors making?
- Visual has not been implemented yet