This task will track the racking and setup of the new ServerTech PDU towers for eqsin, ordered via T223443.
These are due to arrive at Equinix Singapore on January 13, 2020. @wiki_willy has already opened an inbound shipment ticket, details on the order task T223443.
Each rack will require both PDU towers be swapped, but the towers are on different sides of the rack so downtime due to the wrong cord being unplugged is unlikely. Due to the remote-hands nature of this work (Jin will be doing the work for us, he also worked on the CP issues and other remote hands work for us in eqsin) we may want to offline the caching site during the maintenance window.
Start time of 2020-02-06 16:00 Pacific / 2020-02-07 00:00 GMT / 2020-02-07 08:00 Singapore time
Expected window 2-4 hours expected, 4-8 possible if issues during PDU setup.
Steps BEFORE downtime:
- - Traffic to determine if we are going to offline the site for the window. - yes confirmed via irc chat with @BBlack and @RobH
- - Traffic and DC-Ops to work out a maintenance window (must coordinate with Jin, ideally during business hours in Singapore.) - will do once the PDUs arrive onsite.
- - @wiki_willy filed the inbound shipment task and should let us know when the PDUs arrive.
- - @RobH pre-stage dns for new PDUs - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/562894
- - @RobH type up directions for Jin to follow to install new PDUs
- -#dc-ops (@RobH) confirmed PDU brackets in racks will work with the servertech PDUs via email thread with Jin.
Steps for PDU swap:
- - pdus deployed per directions sent to Jin
- - librenms updated to monitor pdus
- - puppet updated to monitor pdus
- - updated cable mapping imported into netbox
- - pdu outlets labeled on the PDU directly