It is time to test out the results from implementing the "morelike backend" -- our ability to search for suggested edits by topic. It's not yet part of the frontend, so we need to test it via the API sandbox. Below are instructions for how to do this.
Note that this is not as thorough an evaluation as we did on T234272: Newcomer tasks: evaluate topic matching prototypes. Instead of scoring every article for every topic, we just need a quick scan of each topic to make sure we mapped your article lists correctly.
Here's how to try it.
- Go to the following URL, filling in your wiki's language code: https://[WIKI].wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ApiSandbox#action=query&format=xml&prop=&list=growthtasks>limit=10
- Click "list=growthtasks" in the menu on the left side
- Next to "gttopics", select a topic.
- Click "Make request"
- Look through the resulting articles, and note whether the articles generally are or are not good matches for the topic.
- Repeat for each topic, and when finished, comment on this task with what you noticed, if you saw any major issues or concerns, or if the algorithm seems to be performing worse than when you previously tested via the prototype.
Please also scan over the configuration pages that contain the article lists, to check for any typos or copy/paste errors: