In T237561 we determined the way using which we would like to implement the opt-in/opt-out mechanism for the desktop improvements project. In this task, we would like to outline how we would measure the mechanism
Please outline the instrumentation required to answer the following questions:
- What is the retention of the feature (i.e. how many users opt-out on test wikis over time, how many users opt-in on test wikis over time)
- What is the average duration of opt-in status (so we can see which features might have more effects than others)
- How often do users view the appearance tab in preferences? What percentage of these users continue to interact (whether opt-in or opt-out) with the desktop improvements option
- How do these changes vary based on the number of edits a given user has??
- note: we would also like to monitor what effect the change has on overall pageviews