This task is about running pre-deployment user tests of v1.0 of the new workflow for replying to specific comments with contributors to the wikis this feature will be deployed to first.
Before deploying v1.0 of the new replying workflow to any target wikis, it is important for us to make sure we have resolved any "breaking" issues with the prototype.
To help identify these "breaking issues," we would like for contributors to these target wikis to experiment with the feature in a way that resembles their "home" wiki as well as in a way that minimizes the likelihood of any negative consequences to existing content or other contributors.
What will the test consist of?
Contributors to the target wikis will partake in the same test, en.wiki contributors are already participating in. This test can be found here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project/replying/prototype_testing#Version_1.0_prototype_test
Where will contributors test the prototype?
Contributors to the target wikis will test the prototype on to-be-determined-talk-pages posted to wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org, localized to each wiki's language by appending ?uselang=__ to the talk page's URL.
Where should contributors share their feedback?
TBD – see "Done" below.
- The test page has been marked for translation | @Whatamidoing-WMF
- Create article and talk pages for each of the target wikis on the Beta Cluster | @iamjessklein
- Determine where wikis should share their feedback about the prototype | @Whatamidoing-WMF
- Make contributors to target wikis aware of the test and ask if someone at that wiki can populate the talk page with a test conversation in their language of comfort at the Beta Cluster | @Whatamidoing-WMF
- Create Phab tickets for relevant feedback
- Summarize feedback and post to /replying project page