Currently when we export translations, we have the ability to push it to a separate branch. Some projects have requested translatewiki to open a PR from that branch to the master branch for more visibility.
|Resolved||Nikerabbit||T243290 Option to open a pull request on Github when exporting translations|
|Resolved||Nikerabbit||T223110 Document options for repoconfig.yaml (RepoNG)|
|Resolved||Nikerabbit||T247861 Improve code quality and maintainability of RepoNG|
- Mentioned In
- T259027: GitLab Merge Request support for translation updates
rGTWN3d7d1c002e9a: GithubClient: Fix head parameter in getPullRequestCreationTime
rGTWN9fed55622d5e: repong: Add support for pull requests
T223110: Document options for repoconfig.yaml (RepoNG)
- Mentioned Here
- T235103: Translation updates failing due to protected branches on Github
I envision this would be used as a part of the following ideal workflow:
- repong pushes to a non-main branch on the remote (already supported with push-branch config).
- repong initiates a pull request from the changes
- automatic CI is run by GitHub/GitLab
- pull request is automatically accepted and merged if tests pass (not yet clear which code does/will do this)
I wrote <50 line proof of concept using the above mentioned library:
developer@dev:~/translatewiki/repong (master)$ php pull.php Authenticating Creating a pull request Pull request already exists, checking status... Pull request has been open for 0 days and 0 hours and 19 minutes
Should be relatively simple to integrate this to the repong script. Main things to consider:
- How to secure access to the access token for the API
- How to express pull-request mode in repoconfig.yaml
I've added support for creating PR for the Bitmark Spring mobile apps. We can test this after the related patch is deployed, and exports are run tomorrow, Monday and next Thursday. Moving this to recheck after deployment.
We've added PR support for the Spring Android and iOS apps. Submitted PRs,
We noticed a few issues and fixed them. Related PRs,