Page MenuHomePhabricator

Argument 5 passed to Wikibase\Lexeme\Search\Elastic\LexemeSearchEntity::__construct() must be an instance of Wikibase\Lib\Store\PrefetchingTermLookup, instance of Wikibase\DataAccess\ByTypeDispatchingPrefetchingTermLookup given, called in /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch/WikibaseSearch.entitytypes.repo.php on line 41
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Error

MediaWiki version: 1.35.0-wmf.18

message
Argument 5 passed to Wikibase\Lexeme\Search\Elastic\LexemeSearchEntity::__construct() must be an instance of Wikibase\Lib\Store\PrefetchingTermLookup, instance of Wikibase\DataAccess\ByTypeDispatchingPrefetchingTermLookup given, called in /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch/WikibaseSearch.entitytypes.repo.php on line 41

Impact

Notes

Details

Request ID
XjwMnwpAIDUAAD5leZQAAAAJ
Request URL
https://www.wikidata.org/w/api.php?action=wbsearchentities&search=13265&format=json&language=ms&uselang=ms&type=lexeme
Stack Trace
exception.trace
#0 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch/WikibaseSearch.entitytypes.repo.php(41): Wikibase\Lexeme\Search\Elastic\LexemeSearchEntity->__construct(Wikibase\DataModel\Entity\DispatchingEntityIdParser, WebRequest, Language, Wikibase\LanguageFallbackChainFactory, Wikibase\DataAccess\ByTypeDispatchingPrefetchingTermLookup)
#1 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/extensions/Wikibase/repo/includes/Api/TypeDispatchingEntitySearchHelper.php(50): Wikibase\Lexeme\Search\Elastic\Hooks::{closure}(WebRequest)
#2 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/extensions/Wikibase/repo/includes/Api/SearchEntities.php(120): Wikibase\Repo\Api\TypeDispatchingEntitySearchHelper->getRankedSearchResults(string, string, string, integer, boolean)
#3 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/extensions/Wikibase/repo/includes/Api/SearchEntities.php(254): Wikibase\Repo\Api\SearchEntities->getSearchEntries(array)
#4 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/includes/api/ApiMain.php(1603): Wikibase\Repo\Api\SearchEntities->execute()
#5 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/includes/api/ApiMain.php(539): ApiMain->executeAction()
#6 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/includes/api/ApiMain.php(510): ApiMain->executeActionWithErrorHandling()
#7 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.35.0-wmf.18/api.php(78): ApiMain->execute()
#8 /srv/mediawiki/w/api.php(3): require(string)
#9 {main}
Related Gerrit Patches:
mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch : wmf/1.35.0-wmf.18Update namespace for PrefetchingTermLookup & fix tests
mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch : masterUpdate namespace for PrefetchingTermLookup & fix tests

Event Timeline

Addshore created this task.Feb 6 2020, 12:55 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 6 2020, 12:55 PM

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2020-02-06T12:58:03Z] <addshore@deploy1001> Synchronized wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php: REVERT Enable EntitySourceBasedFederation for group1 T243395, due to T244479 (duration: 01m 07s)

I assume this is what caused https://twitter.com/fnielsen/status/1225404037622849536, because in the error logs I saw this:

mwapi.errors.APIError: internal_api_error_TypeError: [XjwOWApAAE4AAF2Ra9gAAABW] Caught exception of type TypeError -- None

And the full response from e. g. https://www.wikidata.org/w/api.php?action=wbsearchentities&format=json&uselang=de&search=tr&language=de&type=lexeme&limit=50 looked like this:

{"error":{"code":"internal_api_error_TypeError","info":"[XjwPKApAEDYAAI-mgkcAAACE] Caught exception of type TypeError","errorclass":"TypeError"},"servedby":"mw1289"}

Looks like when I did https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase/+/562320/ I didnt have WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch checked out, so failed to update it.
Looks like this is an issue with wmf.18 that just happened to surface at the exact moment that I made the config change rather than the config change triggering anything..
Which also explains why it still is reproducible after the revert.

Restricted Application added a project: User-Addshore. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 6 2020, 1:40 PM

Change 570641 had a related patch set uploaded (by Addshore; owner: Addshore):
[mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch@master] Update namespace for PrefetchingTermLookup

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/570641

Maintenance_bot moved this task from incoming to in progress on the Wikidata board.Feb 6 2020, 2:15 PM

Change 570661 had a related patch set uploaded (by Addshore; owner: Lucas Werkmeister (WMDE)):
[mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch@wmf/1.35.0-wmf.18] Update namespace for PrefetchingTermLookup & fix tests

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/570661

Change 570641 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch@master] Update namespace for PrefetchingTermLookup & fix tests

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/570641

Change 570661 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch@wmf/1.35.0-wmf.18] Update namespace for PrefetchingTermLookup & fix tests

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/570661

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2020-02-06T19:32:17Z] <addshore@deploy1001> Synchronized php-1.35.0-wmf.18/extensions/WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch: T244479 Update namespace for PrefetchingTermLookup & fix tests (duration: 01m 06s)

Addshore closed this task as Resolved.Feb 6 2020, 7:32 PM