In T243364, we implemented the instrumentation needed to understand how people are engaging with the new replying workflow.
This task is about defining what additional actions/features will be introduced in v1.1 and v2.0  that will require instrumentation.
What we instrument is dependent upon the questions we are trying to answer.
In the context of V2.0 of the Replying feature, below (see: "Instrumentation needs") are the questions we are depending on engagement metrics to help us answer.
|What – if any – changes should be made to the workflow before we begin an A/B test of the feature||T247139 (see questions #1-#4)|
|What affects the likelihood someone gets a response to a comment they post/a conversation they start?||T249762|
|What text input mode (source or visual) should be shown to people who do not already have a preference set?||T247139 (see question #5)|
- What event will be fired when someone types @ in the Reply tool's visual mode?
- When someone types @, the following event will be fired: mwUsernameCompletion:window-open-from-sequence.
- No additional work is needed for us to track mwUsernameCompletion:window-open-from-sequence events; it has already been implemented.
- When Product Analytics queries asks/queries for all the of the events emitted when integration = discussiontools, what events should they currently expect to see? What are the actions that will have caused these events to be fired?
- All of the events introduced in v1.1 and v2.0  that will require instrumentation are documented in the "VEFU" tab of the Talk pages/Replying/Instrumentation spec sheet.
- The VisualEditor/FeatureUse data dictionary has been updated to include the events/fields that have been added. To be completed after production Data-QA