For an example see Wikiwand gear (cog) menu in the top-right corner.
It is a recurring request to allow users (logged-in and anonymous) to customize their viewing experience with the following options:
- theme -- light / dark theme / color inversion (theme implementation is not a concern of this task)
- custom theme chooser submenu
- content width -- ex. 960px - 1160px - 100%-margin
- font-size -- ex. 12px - 14px (Vector) - 16px (Minerva) - 18px - XXL (custom for a11y)
- serif / sans-serif font (inherently subjective choice)
- font chooser submenu for sans, serif, article, wikieditor (monospace), code blocks, diff viewer:
- a modern webfont with wide language support (Noto) / WikimediaUI Base's system font stack (used by Minerva) / browser font setting / user selected (web)font
The common solution is to provide a pop-up menu, similar to echo's pop-up, its icon also placed next to the user menu, see Wikiwand for an example.
This task is universal to all skins, but might be implemented as part of the Desktop Improvements project.