I run a wiki instance on my lab network. The wiki is configured with the $wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false; in the LocalSettings.php so the wiki is "private" (an account is needed).
I have a PHP script running on a second server that connect to the wiki to read the content of a page. The script is based on the example of the API documentation (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Login). This was working great on the v1.33.1.
Since I upgraded to the v1.34, the script doesn't work anymore. When I try to fetch the token, I got this error from the API : Error requesting API. Error code : readapidenied. Error message : You need read permission to use this module.. I don't even have the opportunity to authenticate.
If I change the $wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] to true, it's working. The problem occured just after the upgrade to the v1.34.
I found that somebody have the same problem : https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Vdrava0likcnvy6a but I didn't find his/her bug report.