Page MenuHomePhabricator

Message Wikibase-error-ui-no-external-page shows literal $1 and $2 instead of values
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I tried to connect a category page on Wikimedia Commons with a Wikidata item. I entered the Q Id instead of the page name and I got this error message

The translation into German is correct.

Event Timeline

Raymond created this task.Feb 14 2020, 11:13 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 14 2020, 11:13 AM
Reedy updated the task description. (Show Details)

Reverting rEWBA66bcfe6704a8: Add errorformat parameter to wikibase API requests fixes the issue for me locally, so this seems to be fallout from T242769: Wikibase UI API calls should request a specific errorformat and uselang. Apparently we take the parameters for the message from the error returned by the API, so it seems that with the new error format we no longer get the parameters, or something like that.

Change 572662 had a related patch set uploaded (by Silvan Heintze; owner: Silvan Heintze):
[wikibase/javascript-api@master] Use message parameters when creating RepoApiError

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/572662

Change 572662 merged by jenkins-bot:
[wikibase/javascript-api@master] Use message parameters when creating RepoApiError

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/572662

Change 573284 had a related patch set uploaded (by Silvan Heintze; owner: Silvan Heintze):
[mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase@master] Update wikibase/javascript-api submodule

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/573284

Change 573284 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase@master] Update wikibase/javascript-api submodule

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/573284