In Vector a "Vector preferences" section appears when the "vector" skin radio button is selected (see https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-rendering)
In Monobook a Monobook specific preference (responsive mode) only shows when the user hits save.
This task aims to make the two workflows consistent with a core change that also resolves T246162
- Make sure Vector skin is selected
- Visit Special:preferences
- Click Monobook
Expected: I see the Monobook preference.
Actual: I don't see it until I hit save.
- The Monobook specific option is revealed as soon as you select the radio button. When another radio button is selected it is hidden.
- The Monobook specific option appears under a heading "Monobook skin preferences" when you select the radio button.
- When selecting the Vector skin a Vector specific option appears under a heading "Vector skin preferences". The Monobook skin is no longer shown
- The skin preference section appears directly under the skins and is the first section in preferences.