What: Dry-run, audit results, then run for real the updateVarDumps.php script for AbuseFilter
When: Whenever this patch reaches production.
Why: To kill many layers of back-compat and a lot of tech debt (see parent task).
Where: All wikis - beta cluster first, then production.
Who: Whoever wants to do that. (@Daimona can do the Beta Cluster part).
- First of all, run updateVarDumps.php --dry-run and post the results.
- @Daimona will audit the results
- If necessary, we may have to re-run the script with --dry-run-verbose for selected wikis, then repeat (2.)
- Find a DateTime suitable for both of us
- Time to run it for real. The ideal steps are:
- Measure the size of the abuse_filter_log table (on enwiki?); measure the size of the ExternalStore (I don't know whether it's feasible)
- Run the script!
- Measure the sizes again and check how much space was saved.