The Docker image appears to start up a web server, but no job queue runner process. As a result, background tasks may not be handled well or at all -- for instance TimedMediaHandler video transcode jobs appear not to be executed at all.
Steps to reproduce:
- install MW in Docker
- install TimedMediaHandler extension
- don't forget to run composer and update.php
- fix the PHP upload settings to allow files over 2 MiB (T246930)
- increase $wgMaxShellMemory (seems to be needed to get ffmpeg working)
- upload a WebM video file on Special:Upload
- No ffmpeg processes are launched
- Transcode status at bottom of page remains stuff like "Added to Job queue 7 minutes, 11 seconds ago"
- An ffmpeg process should be launched nearly immediately, running one of the transcodes
- Transcode status at bottom of page should update as files complete
In a docker shell, manually run maintenance/runJobs.php or similar.