When a discussion comment/thread is transcluded from another page, the reply widget should save the reply directly to the "source page" (the page where the comment is actually written). Currently it only displays an error message: "This comment can't be replied to here (yet), because it is loaded from another page.".
Example pages that use this workflow:
- fr.wp https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipédia:Le_Bistro (village pump / general forum)
- Discussions are grouped by day, and transcluded from pages like https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipédia:Le_Bistro/9_mars_2020
- Make sure that we can follow the transclusion when the name of the page is dynamic (this automatically transcludes the last few days).
- nl.wp https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Te_beoordelen_pagina%27s (discussions about deleting articles)
- Discussions are grouped by day, and transcluded from pages like https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Te_beoordelen_pagina%27s/Toegevoegd_20200226
- en.wp https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Log/2020_March_12
- Each article has an individual page, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Stonks
- In this example, the transcluded pages are not per se "subpages" of the main page, so we can't limit our solution to subpages only.
- There may be more than one "nesting level" of transclusion. This page exists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:XfD_today, which transcludes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Log/2020_March_12 (and others), which then transcludes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Stonks (and others). I haven't seen more deeply nested discussion pages, but they're possible, so we should follow the nesting all the way down.