This is about the Test System for the Federated Properties feature, i.e. system that will be having “local” items and accessing properties from some other Wikibase instance.
Mandatory Requirement (Must Have)
- Uses Properties from a publicly available Wikibase instance (e.g. “beta wikidata”)
- Software (Wikibase etc) is automatically updated (in acceptable intervals if “immediately” is not possible) to the latest version available (e.g. “master” git branch). "Acceptable intervals" should at least mean that a new feature is up for verification soon after its ticket has left the "Review" column on the board.
- Publicly available site
- Related SPARQL Query Service instance provided
- Can be recovered automatically in case of failure
Optional Requirements (Nice To Have)
- WMDE staff has access (ssh) to the server (or should this be mandatory? - if there is a way to configure instances without directly ssh-accessing the machine that might be enough)
- Uses Properties from the www.wikidata.org (actual production site) - not needed for initial version
- set up a cloud VPS instance on https://horizon.wikimedia.org/project/ (using the existing 'wikidata-dev' project) create an instance
- create a https://github.com/wmde/wikibase-docker container
- git pull the source code of the latest master branch into a src/ directory
- mount the src/ directory into the docker container, so that it will always be up-to-date