Recently brought to my attention by @jeena there were a few bugs introduced into the wikimedia portals build-step during the migration to Gulp 4.
- When running npm run build-all-portals, only the wikipedia.org folder is created.
- The remaining portals are pulled in via raw curl commands, these should be run through Node using a library like Axios instead
- After building as described above, in the prod directory, the wikipedia.org directory structure seems weird:
|- wikipedia.org / | - index.html | - assets / | - img / | - l10n / | - portal (not a symlink) / | - wikipedia.org / | - assets / | - js /
The desired output should be
|- wikipedia.org / | - index.html | - assets / | - img / | - l10n / | - js / | - portal (symlink to ..) /
- Gulp 4 now includes a symlink method that can be used to construct this symlink properly.
- The inlined CSS in the production HTML now includes comments which should be removed.
- The "gulp-inline" plugin used to inline the css hasn't been updated since 2016, so it may have issues with Gulp 4