Name: Dev Prakash Sharma
IRC handle: codewithdev
User Page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Devsharma21
Location: India(UTC +5:30)
Typical working hours: 10 AM to 03 AM(UTC +5:30)
On College Days: 10 PM to 12 AM(UTC +5:30)
The Project aims to create a User Interface using OOUI Widgets which basically enable the users to enhance the editing of the Page as following ,
- To maintain the Index Pages of multiple pages using the widget appears in the source page.
- To make the process of pagelist easier.
- Allowing the users to edit the Index Page number easily from the widget.
We create a widget using OOUI JS library. Initially the widget will appear on the Page Field as a string which contain default view of the pagelist. In abstract the widget will contain commons metadata and text labels to be selected. In summary we intend to add thumbnails to the <pagelist /> without using multiple commands to add index pages directly.
|April 28 to May 13||Community bonding Period Understanding the tools to work with the extensions. Studying the Widgets and their working with the library. Discussing the aims to work with the pagelist.|
|May 14 to May 28||Installing necessary packages to work with the Proofread pagelist and other Extension.|
|May 29 to June 5||Using Agile Methodology Planning the model of the initial Frontend using OOUI widget and other JS libraries. Adding necessary activities to be added for the thumbnails and page notation.|
|June 6 to June 14||Discussing the execution of the Model and prioritize the actions. Planning to take input on the widget receiving from the user.|
|June 15 to June 19||Testing and Evaluation of Phase 1|
|June 20 to June 30||Work to make the widget using OOUI library. Adding flexibility to change the Index Page Numbers and allow to edit it easily. Adding the Code in the Gerrit to get the review on it.|
|July 1 to July 15||Receive Feedback do changes if possible|
|July 16 to July 17||Phase 2 Evaluation|
|July 18 to July 25||Working on the pagelist to add the media using other extension. Adding the substituted Widgets on the codebase.|
|July 26 to Aug 8||Checking the Issues and adding to the Phabricator to check the Issues and Possibilities|
|Aug 9 to Aug 16||Finalizing the Code. Adding the tool to the Wikimedia Commons where New user can experience the new Proofreadpage extension.|
|Aug 17 to Aug 24||Mentor submit final student Evaluation|
|Aug 25||Final Result of Google Summer of Code 2020 announced|
- Planning and Initial Model of the Widget.
- Creating Task in phabricator.
- Getting access to the Extension and working with the Library.
- Creation of the Widget.
- Uploading to the Gerrit to check the Reviews.
- Deployment in to the Proofreadpage extension.
- Provide Flexibility and visibility to the source page.
- Summarizing the Code and reviewing the issues.
- I will install all the necessary extension to work with along with cloning the OOUI GitHub repository to understand. Creating the initial drop line of the widget.
- I will be adding the codebase to my GitHub Repo and discussing on the Phabricator.
- I will be available on IRC in my working hours.(12 AM to 03 AM UTC +5:30).
- I will be available in the Mail to be contacted when needed in the non-working hours.
Currently pursuing MCA(Master of Computer Application) from Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Sultanpur(India). I am passionate learner and always ready to accept new challenges. This potential made me to participate in GSoC. Apart from all these I want to collaborate with the Community where i can learn and develop my core skills as well. I previously Contributed to Open Source in various organizations choosing Wikimedia Foundation is one of the selective reason which made me feel to contribute. Apart from my college studies i advocate to collaborate with other developers. Since this is my first time as a GSoC it will definitely tend to match my goals.
Contributing for such a great community which a well known Open Source Community over the entire world ,will definitely make me feel proud.////And I believe working with the community will greatly impact to my career as well will enhance my skills.
Past Experience + Contribution